Monday, June 8, 2009

Vacation-A Marvelous Thing!

Ok... if you know me vacation consists of waking up, going to the beach, laying in the sun, walking on the beach, splashing in the ocean, eating, shopping. The days ALWAYS include these lovely events (nothing more and nothing less). That's why it's a VACATION, silly! We had a wonderful time. We met my parents and Logan, Libby, Brycen, Kayden, and Lanie in Fort Myers and stayed there for a week! It was MARVELOUS!
All of our flights were good too. If you must know, flying is the most stressful thing about vacation to me. I would rather drive the 12+ hours, but my wonderful husband would never allow us to do such a silly thing. lol :) I tried really hard to convince him to let me drive, but got no where with my persuasion skills. I have none. It's like one of those things I call "let go and reach for God" scenarios. If it weren't for those situations that freak me out, I wouldn't know what it was like to totally realize that I'm NOT in control of this or ANY other situation. Snap out of it-God is! He can do anything and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it! So I am a helpless woman surrendering it all to him! Who else wants to be a helpless Hot Mess with me?? I would love for you to share with me those "let go and reach for God" situations that you go through. I am glad he puts them in our life, because it reminds me of his power and humbles me to nothing.

I will leave you with a few of the moments from the week that I will treasure forever!








7 comments:

Lauren said...

love those sweet pictures!

Kelly said...

I hate flying too Tasha. When I was younger, I liked flying, now it stresses me out(maybe too many tv shows about plane crashes?!?) and I'm so happy when the plane touches down to our destination. I frequently pray(while on the plane) that if it's my time to go then I know I will be in a better place anyway. It does bring me some comfort:); however, the thought of plummeting to my death from 20,000 feet doesn't!!! lol

Love the pic of your niece with her beach hat on! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Kelly said...

Tasha,
The ending of the movie was good. I figured it might not have a good ending but it actually did!! Those holocaust type movies can have such depressing, horrible endings, but this one actually didn't. The community of people actually ended up living in the forest for years until the war ended. I think they ended up with like 1200 people living there! Not sure how far you got in the movie, but it was pretty remarkable how they survived and didn't give up. I'm not sayinng I condone everything they did, but I thought it was a good movie. There aren't too many movies out there about the Jews during WW11 that end positively. Did Andrew finish it?

Brittany said...

Looks like you had a great time. Libby sent me the pictures from your vaca a couple of days ago, so I already saw some of them and yes they made me jealous :) haha! See you July!!! yay!!!

Kelly said...

Tasha,
I am enjoying my summer vacation. I'm trying to get back into a workout routine:), helping Nate with his business some, trying to organize(and throw away!) the mess in our apt(I'm a packrat), do some continuing ed. and learn photoshop so I can learn how to digiscrap better. Nate and I are meeting my parents in Branson for a mini vacation in about a week. I'm not sure if I'm going to Texas this summer or not. I would like to, but Texas in the summer is SOOO hot. We'll see. Since I'll see my fam. in June, I may wait to head to texas until fall.
Enjoy your summer! What are you doing- working, relaxing?

Abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abby said...

Tash--you can't fool me about the real reason you don't like flying!!! Can't forget that nightmare!! and oh yes--the syncronized swimming to Celine Dion blaring on the radio at the pool---wonderful memories